The Mennonite Church places great emphasis on the whole church being missional – which means that all of its programs and functions need to be oriented to reaching out to those around so that more people will come to know and serve God.
Our purpose and mission are four-fold:
- Worship God
- Express God’s love through word and deed
- Bear witness to salvation in Jesus Christ
- Nurture the body of Christ to maturity
Our vision and direction by God’s grace are:
To be equipped to walk through the doors that God opens to share life in Christ with others.
Some Mission efforts we support:
- Polk Building Ministries – Arnold and Gerri Polk are helping struggling villages flourish through the Interlocking Block Machine, Women’s Ministry and Mission Projects.
- Williamsburg Christian Retreat Center – WCRC is a non-profit Christian ministry providing retreat facilities for use by churches and other Christian organizations, a Summer Camp for youth, and fully programmed retreats for youth and adults.
- Virginia Mennonite Missions – We seek God’s direction in calling out and sending forth a growing, diverse community of believers, empowered by the Holy Spirit to transform the world and to be transformed through the reconciling work of Jesus Christ.
- Mennonite Disaster Service – Mennonite Disaster Service is a volunteer network of Anabaptist churches that responds in Christian love to those affected by disasters in Canada and the United States.